Please consider submitting a comment to WY DEQ through their comment link below. Yellowstone-Teton Clean Cities agrees with WY DEQ’s goals and objectives but recommends including alternative fuels, particularly compressed natural gas and electric. Please reach out to YTCC if you would like to discuss project or goal and objectives ideas prior to your comment submission. If you would simply like to fill out a form, please find our Project Form below .
Wyoming will focus on the following project types:
- Class 8 local freight trucks.
- Class 4 – 8 School buses, shuttle buses, or transit buses.
- Pre-tier 4 diesel switcher locomotives.
- Class 4 – 7 local freight trucks.
- Airport Ground Support Equipment.
The State Of Wyoming has developed the following program goals and objectives to form the basis and selection criteria for the mitigation plan.
- Reduce nitrogen oxide (NOx) emissions.
- Achieving higher cost-effectiveness (more emissions reduced per amount spent).
- Impact on non-attainment areas.
- Affecting areas of greater population density.
- Affecting sensitive populations (such as children and the elderly).
The Department is reaching out to the public as it plans how best to utilize the approximately $8 million dollars gained from the settlement.
For more information related to this settlement CLICK HERE to visit the EPA’s website dedicated to this topic.
Members of the public with thoughts or suggestions on the Mitigation Trust funds should utilize the submit comments link below.
Public comments will be accepted for 30 days and will end on May 24, 2017.