The Wheel House Commuter Bike Hub is Open for the 2023 Summer Season!
About the program
Those who live and work in Jackson Hole can use The Wheel House to skip the summer traffic and enjoy a stress-free ride to and from work on the pathways. This pilot program enables people commuting over Teton Pass or from the Westbank to park their car, hop on their bike, and cycle the rest of their commute.
Summer 2022 flier below, Summer 2023 Flier coming soon!
Sign-up for the Program
Please sign-up to use the tent at the Stilson lot so we can communicate with program participants and design future programming to fit your needs.
We are offering access to an app to help provide commuting behavior data to program managers. You’ll be prompted to sign-up in our email response. This is not a requirement but certainly appreciated!
Commuter Data Study (Optional for Wheelhouse Participants)
Yellowstone-Teton Clean Cities has partnered with the National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) to provide their Open PATH app as an easy way to anonymously collect commuter travel data. This data will be analyzed to understand energy efficiency, greenhouse gas emissions and time associated with commuter travel. The app will allow users to view their own travel diary as well as provide anonymous, aggregated data to the study as a whole.
Instructions to download the app:
- Download the NREL OpenPATH app from the Apple Store or the Google Play Store.
- Scan the QR code below to join this program.
- Allow access to “Always” Location, Motion & Fitness Activity, and Notifications. As indicated in the permission screen, the app needs allthese permissions to work properly. If you have a Samsung or Huawei phone, turn off background restrictions.
- Login with the token you will be emailed once you sign-up for the program through the google form. Store your token in a safe place in case you change phones later. If you lose your token, please contact your program admin.
- Complete the onboarding survey.
- Label trips when prompted.