About the program
charge their bikes overnight for free inside The Wheel House. Lowcost e-bike rentals for commuters are also available.
Those who live and work in Jackson Hole can use The Wheel House to skip the summer traffic and enjoy a stress-free ride to and from work on the pathways. This pilot program enables people commuting over Teton Pass or from the Westbank to park their car, hop on their bike, and cycle the rest of their commute.
Sign-up for the Program
Whether you decide to rent an e-bike through this program or use your own, please sign-up to use the tent at the Stilson lot so we can communicate with program participants and design future programming to fit your needs.
If you don’t already own a bike, electric or traditional, you can rent an electric bike for your commute. When you reserve an e-bike, you can pick it up under the tent at the Stilson lot, ride it into town, drop off at the E-bikes of Jackson Hole store front and continue to your place of work. At the end of your work day, return to E-Bikes of Jackson Hole, pick up your bike, ride to the Stilson lot and lock your bike under the tent. Your bike will remain there overnight and ready for your commute the next morning. This option is ideal for those who work in midtown. E-Bikes of Jackson Hole is located at 150 Scott Lane, Unit C.
Commuter Data Study
Yellowstone-Teton Clean Cities has partnered with the National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) to provide their Open PATH app as an easy way to anonymously collect commuter travel data. This data will be analyzed to understand energy efficiency, greenhouse gas emissions and time associated with commuter travel. The app will allow users to view their own travel diary as well as provide anonymous, aggregated data to the study as a whole.
Instructions to download the app:
- Download the NREL OpenPATH app from the Apple Store or the Google Play Store.
- Scan the QR code below to join this program.
- Allow access to “Always” Location, Motion & Fitness Activity, and Notifications. As indicated in the permission screen, the app needs allthese permissions to work properly. If you have a Samsung or Huawei phone, turn off background restrictions.
- Login with the token you will be emailed once you sign-up for the program through the google form. Store your token in a safe place in case you change phones later. If you lose your token, please contact your program admin.
- Complete the onboarding survey.
- Label trips when prompted.