Project Manager Job Description
Yellowstone-Teton Clean Cities (YTCC) mission is to displace the use of petroleum in the regional transportation sector, improve air quality through reduced harmful exhaust emissions, and increase energy security and sustainability. This is accomplished primarily through the promotion of alternative fuels and vehicles, integrated transportation systems, and conservation strategies and technologies that benefit the public interest by reducing energy consumption, particularly of petroleum based fuels.
As the sole regional designee of the Department of Energy’s Clean Cities program, Yellowstone-Teton Clean Cities (YTCC) functions as Department of Energy’s on-the- ground advocate focused on petroleum displacement activities in the Greater Yellowstone Region. Currently consisting of nearly 90 organizations across the country, the Clean Cities program has been responsible for displacing over 2.5 billion gallons of petroleum fuel since its inception. Affiliation with the Clean Cities Program provides YTCC with access to regional and national support networks in order to bring a much broader perspective to local transportation projects. It also allows for access to unique funding opportunities related to supporting the Clean Cities mission. This affiliation, along with YTCC’s regional standing as a resource and advocate for sustainable and efficient transportation, creates an ideal scenario for YTCC to function as a clean transportation leader within the Greater Yellowstone Community in order to lessen the detrimental impacts of local transportation.
- Manage YTCC outreach events and presence at community events
- Electric vehicle consumer, dealership and workplace outreach
- Communicate state and federal funding opportunities to stakeholders through events and meetings
- Produce alternative fuel vehicle assessments for stakeholders
- Coordinate logistics of technical trainings and workshops
- Represent YTCC policy positions on local and state level fuel and transportation issues
- Edit and distribute YTCC communications, including newsletters, website, social media and press releases
Qualifications and Skills
- Must have 3-5 years prior work experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college in business, public relations, marketing, communications or environmental sciences,
- Non-profit experience preferred
- Proven ability to successfully balance several ongoing programs simultaneously; project implementation and management experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to develop and cultivate relationships with elected officials, business owners, peer non-profit staff and the general public.
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Adobe Creative Suite and experience maintaining a website, strongly preferred.
Reports to: Executive Director
Preferred: Bozeman or Helena, MT
10 hours per week minimum and 10 hours per week max
$25-$35.00/hour based on experience, $50.00 monthly technology stipend for use of personal computer and phone for work purposes, potential for a flexible schedule